add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Yellow DRAM LED stays on, new PC won't boot.

FishMan21

22 months ago

I just build a new PC, plugged in all cables, but it won't boot. The fans are spinning, cpu works, installed drivers from Asus on my USB drive but won't boot. I have checked all connections, the RAM leds work fine too. When i press the MemOk button on the mobo the DRAM LED keeps flickering for like 30 seconds then stays on. Specs are: CPU: I7-8700 RAM: G.skill Trident z rgb 3000 2x8GB MOBO: Asus Z370-A Case: NZXT S340 PSU: Corsair RM650x GPU: Intel Graphics

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

The user manual should have a key for any LED codes your motherboard would give you. Sounds like a RAM problem, for sure.

Try:

• Making sure the DIMMs are in their recommended configuration slot on the motherboard

• Re-seat the RAM ensuring they're making full contact with the pins in the slot

• Try one stick at a time to test if one or both DIMMs are giving you the error

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

I have done that, now there's only 1 RAM stick in the fourth DIMM slot. But i don't know what's the problem with the motherboard, when i put in the other one in the second DIMM slot, the system won't boot and if it's only in the fourth slot it boots perfectly fine. I've also tried changing the DIMM's from place. Would the problem be that the second DIMM slot doesn't work. I don't know anymore.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

There could be a problem with that second RAM slot, yes.

If either RAM stick works in the 4th slot, but neither work in the 2nd alone or together (with the other in the 4th slot), then it's likely a problem with the motherboard.

Hopefully, that makes sense. It's just process of elimination. if both of the RAM sticks work by themselves, then it's likely the motherboard.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube