add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What should I ask for a used 970

TacoNinja

13 months ago

I'm wanting to sell my 970 soon and get a 1060 6Gb. What price should I expect to get on eBay?

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points

At 220 US (285CAD), usually sell fast. put it in the original box, if you have it.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

There's really not a big bump in performance between the two. Save up until you can get a xx70 or higher

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Warochief is about right on the price. I would not recommend a 1060 as its not a big gap in performance. I would either recommend a used 980ti (pretty powerful cards) or a 1070+.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

What about the Vram? 4Gb vs 6Gb (ignoring the slower .5 of the Vram on the 970, not too much of a performance difference) but the 1060 is the cheapest option I am finding. The small performance is worth it to me, plus another reason is my current card is super ugly lol (EVGA 970)

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Even with the 3.5GB VRAM the 970 offers, its still pretty much able to max out 99.9999% of games for smooth 60fps ultra gameplay at 1080p.

The 1060 6GB is marginally better but not really worth the bump in price. a 980ti would probably be the best option for performance vs costs. Also, the 980ti is a really good overclocker unlike the more recent Pascal cards.

Here are some numbers to show the discrepancy.

970 vs 1060 6gb

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-970-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1060-6GB/2577vs3639

970 vs 980ti

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-980-Ti-vs-Nvidia-GTX-970/3439vs2577

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're willing to spend the difference between your 970 sale and a 1060 purchase just for aesthetics, then go for it.

But I'm with Chillsabre, if you're going through the effort of getting a new card, you may as well spend a bit more and get a meaningful upgrade. Otherwise just hold on to what you have.

If you don't like how your 970 looks, you can always pop the cooler off and paint the non-moving parts, and/or get an aftermarket backplate.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

I still drool over the looks the Fallout 4 GTX 970 had for backplate.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

The products are cool, but I've always been curious about V1Tech's licensing situation...

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

The Fallout 4 GTX 970 was actually a fully fledged EVGA card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm_ZNPD-WzE

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

200-300

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube