• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

RainOfPain125 12 months ago

I can NOT seem to find any information on who made the GPU RAM for any of the GPU's I am looking to buy

The cheapest 1070 on PCPP's list doesn't show it even on the manufacturers website - https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=08g-p4-6173-kr

Where am I supposed to find this info without purchasing the GPU and then loading up CPU-Z to find it out manually? I know different GPU RAM can extremely effect hash rates (such as micron is bad, hynix is great)

Comments Sorted by:

Radox-0 5 Builds 1 point 12 months ago

Doubt most sites will list it as it may be a case of the same SKU using different modules as that is what the AIB could source at the time. Seen plenty of GTX 1070's of same SKU come with one memory type or the other. I think in some cases there may be a way to tell from the serial number as this guy determined for the GTX 1070, https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/61mw4z/msi_gtx_1070_micron_vs_samsung_memory_how_to_find/ but generally speaking, its not going to be listed anywhere specifically I would imagine when you have multiple vendors and most will only know after purchase (or unless specifically stated I guess)

BetrayedPredator 1 point 12 months ago

Can I ask why?

Mining isn’t very profitable anymore and the market is stagnating.

Especially when you are overpaying for GPUs

RainOfPain125 submitter 1 point 12 months ago

Because I have a friend that is selling a few dozen cards lower than MSRP to me - and if they had better memory then I'd pay more for them.

BetrayedPredator 1 point 12 months ago

Yeah, if your friend already has the cards then he can check

[comment deleted by staff]

I'd like to think Bitcoin will always ride up and down. Eventually the price will spike back up to 1BTC = 20,000USD and I'll just wait for the day such a thing happens again and sell. If not, I can still have fun exchanging my BTC to another crypto when BTC spikes a little bit, and the other crypto is on the low.

Plus, if you must know, I run gameservers that have a bunch of unused PCIE16 slots. The RAM, CPU, Bandwidth, and all of that are already paid for, so I might as well fill them up and profit off of them, even if it takes a long time to make a return. So even if BTC never spikes back up and stays floating where it's been floatng (1BTC = 8000USD) then it could help pay the electicity bills

In the end, if it doesn't work out I have some friends that would love to have a GPU, and I'd love to have a nice GPU myself. Everyone wins.

Well, I didn't mean mine bitcoin, but to use Nicehash and get paid out in bitcoin.

aren't those all sold out? lol