• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

tragiktimes101 10 months ago

It appears there are viable and hopefully successful talks to end the war between the two Koreas. This is great. That being said, how long it will last (if it even happens) is anyones guess. Hopefully it will pave the way to them westernizing more and becoming less of a thorn in everyone's ***.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/17/north-and-south-korea-reportedly-set-to-announce-official-end-to-war.html

Comments Sorted by:

Chuck38 3 Builds 2 points 10 months ago

Hopefully it will pave the way to them westernizing more and becoming less of a thorn in everyone's ***.

Don't hold your breath. I doubt much will change while the Kim dynasty is in control. That much control isn't given up over night. ;)

tragiktimes101 submitter 1 Build 2 points 10 months ago

That much control isn't given up over night.

No, it's taken over night.

RamenWrestler 1 point 10 months ago

So will this allow less restricted travel into NK or is that much further down the road?

tragiktimes101 submitter 1 Build 1 point 10 months ago

I don't know if talks about a reduction of emigration restrictions have happened yet, or, if they have been discussed, if those discussions have been made public. It does seem like an area the Kim Jong-Un will have to be careful with. You can't go around telling all your people that you don't poop and then let the rest of the world in to tell them otherwise.

RamenWrestler 3 points 10 months ago

This whole thing is just a huge problem. I really hope big man Un allows his people to receive supplies and junk from us big boy countries so they aren't suffering, but I doubt that'll happen soon as well.