add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Running fans of MoBo Question

Enax
  • 76 months ago

Hello EDIT: Just realised I messed up the title...great. I meant off rather than of.

I would like to start by saying I'm pretty clueless at the moment about fan installation and if it goes into the motherboard or something else. I'll be buying 6 PWM corsair fans, 4 on the radiator for the corsair h100i and 2 as front intake and I'm wanting to control them via corsair link separately or in groups (e.g controlling the front intakes at once, and controlling all 4 fans on the rad) although I'm not sure how to go about this and where fans are installed in the first place? I won't have a fan controller. I'm assuming they plug into the motherboard then but does this have 6 fan headers? So the only way I'll be able to get this work is through PWM fan splitter? Like this? Pretty much I'm just asking for clarification or if there is a better/easy/more reliable way of doing this.

All help greatly appreciated :) (sorry if in wrong section)

Enax

Comments

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

If you don't have a fan controller, the fans will plug in the motherboard fan headers. If there's not enough headers, then yes you'll need a splitter. Each header only outputs somewhere around 1 amp iirc, so don't load all of your fans on 1 header.

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the reply, yeah I made sure they wouldn't go over 1 amp, each fan is 0.08 according to corsairs website. Would you happen to know if this way would allow me to use corsair link to control them?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube