add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Need Help Please

billybrahms
  • 25 months ago

I just bought this online. First of all (stupid question), this is a disk right? Second, my case doesn't have a 5.25" drive bay, so what do I do, do I have to purchase it right from microsoft or get a usb? Or can I take off the side panel, connect a dvd drive and put in the disk, and then once I am done unplug it? Will it boot correctly if I unplug in once it's downloaded? How should I go about this? I don't mind buying a usb if needed, but I would rather not, and this is a new pc (haven't completed the build yet, I am on a mac right now) so how should I go about this process?

Comments

• 25 months ago
  • 2 points

I just bought this online.

Post a link to "this" that you bought.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Here's the full build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZFKgJ8 Here's the gpu (overpriced for a 1080 ti but I didn't want to wait for the prices to possibly go down soon) https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1330061-REG/evga_11g_p4_6696_kr_geforce_gtx_1080_ti.html

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

That "Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit" with part number KW9-00140 is a DVD disc.

... can I take off the side panel, connect a dvd drive and put in the disk, and then once I am done unplug it?

Yes.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Would I be able to connect a dvd drive to download it, and then unplug it once it is downloaded?

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

All you need to download it from Microsoft is your CD key.

Save the ISO to your PC, then use a universal installer to setup on a USB flash drive. No optical drive required, if your system supports booting from USB.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

If you already have a DVD drive, yes. Just connect it via SATA data and SATA power and you can use it as a standard DVD player, and then remove it when finished with it. It's what I do, since I don't need it often enough to warrant an integrated disk drive or a modular one.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Download the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft's website. It will allow you to make a bootable USB and then you can just use your serial key that came with the DVD.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

I have a mac laptop right now, and I am still building my pc, so how would I do that? Will it download to the usb for a pc instead of a mac if I download it on a mac with a usb? How should I do this?

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Follow this guide

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube