add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

GPU running hot and high usage help

_ABC_
  • 22 months ago

This is my build: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/tcGQ2R

My gpu is running around 60-65 celsius in games like pubg and the usage from the task manager menu is 97%, and my game is constantly stuttering. I have tried lowering the in game graphics but nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

When I turn the fans on 100% the gpu temp drops about 15 degrees celsius, but the games still stutter/lag/drop fps. But I noticed the gpu core clock and memory clock were running high at around 1900mhz and 4000mhz respectively. And this only happens when I start up and play any game. Otherwise everything works fine and normal (gpu temp around 30 degrees celsius, gpu core clock 139mhz and gpu memory clock at 405mhz).

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

60-65 C is not that hot for that GPU. If it was getting around 91C then there is a problem

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you sure that it isnt your CPU? On windows task manager it has a CPU Usage (Processor) and if that hits 97% or the ram hits 97% it might stutter and lag for you. GPU Temps are no problem until like mid 80s, it might be that its too overwhelming on your computer, link CPU and RAM as well please. If you arent sure download CPU-Z and see what you have on there.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube