add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair Hydro h55 or the antec cooler h2o 620?

Vito_xmf

71 months ago

hey i would i like to know which cooler would be better im planning on overclocking and i have a FX-8350 so i was wondering what cooler is better, i think that the hydro sounds good because is a little cheaper than the Antec Kuhler H2O 620 but should i just spend the extra 6 dollars and buy the antec or just buy the corsair? this is the link to my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30Lmk thanks for your time!

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

I would say on your part list the limit to your overclock isn't your cooler, but your motherboard. You won't be able to reach the kind of overclock that would cause temperatures that either the H55 or 620 will not be able to handle.

To try and balance things out maybe go for a Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO as the cooler and spend an extra $25 on a better motherboard. Your net performance will likely be greater.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright thanks so ishould just get a better motherboard? and is the 990fx chipset a good option like the person under commented? or is the 970 good ? i keep getting a compability warning with some 970 chipsets should i worry or dont listen to it?

• 71 months ago
  • 2 points

for overclocking an 8350 i would recommend as lemonarque says, a better motherboard. look for an 990fx chipset for this cpu.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks can you give me any recomendation on motherboards that are less than a 100 dollars? preferrably black and red or black? but if its not its cool

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks dude ill be sure to check this one out and i like the price point its a little over my budget for it but i can make some accomodations like changing the video card from a Geforce GTX PNY 660 to the r7 260X but is that a bad move?or it doesnt really matter?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

another thing you could do is if you havent bought the cpu yet you could drop down to the 8320, still get the same motherboard. the 8350 is the same thing as the 8320 just overclocked so you could get the same performance from the 8320 and overclocking it and still have room for the same gpu.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

really? well the 8320 is cheaper so i guess ill go with that so the same mobo you told me or the biostar i had? so i still get to keep the GTX 660?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube