add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Upgrade to windows 10

Jamesjohnson28
  • 25 months ago

I have an older windows 7 PC and i was wondering if i take the hard drive out and put a new one in if i install windows 10 then switch the two hard drives out could i have windows 10 then change to go back to 7? Would that work?

Comments

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Upgrade to windows 10

Free upgrade officially ceased July 29, 2016.
Free upgrade due to "assistive technologies" officially ceased January 16, 2018.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

I bought a copy of windows 10 Just wanted to know if id still be able to use windows 7

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

I bought a copy of windows 10 ...

Yes.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

You can dual boot off of one HDD

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

It would work. After you have both Windows Installation, you can keep both HDDs connected and select in the BIOS what to boot from. Or bring up the boot menu (sometimes F11, it depends on the motherboard manufacturer) and select the boot media there. No need to constantly physically change the drives.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube