add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
M.geyer8975

22 months ago

The motherboard M.2 slot #2 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6.0 Gb/s port is disabled.

I keep getting this note whenever i plug my mobo into the parts i have in place for the build. Can anyone explain to me what this means and if its something to be worried about? Thanks! https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GYqp29

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

As the others have said, its purely because of the type of SSD you chose, the M.2 is the stick version of SSD, it just uses the same port on your motherboard that other hard drives goes into, so it will disable them until its detached from your system, its normal and nothing to worry about, since you did notice it however at least you will know now how that works lol.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

... if its something to be worried about? https://pcpartpicker.com/list/GYqp29

No.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

dont' buy that GPU, buy This instead

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah don’t buy reference cards unless you are going to do custom water cooling or love the way they look

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

It means when you use a M.2 drive, one of the six sata ports on your mobo get disabled

It’s not an issue and the bios will tell you what one is disabled

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube