add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
billybrahms
  • 22 months ago

I have recently ordered all of my parts for my first pc build. I am waiting on the power supply to be delivered hopefully by tomorrow. My case doesn't have a 5.25" bay in it, but I need to download the drivers and stuff from the motherboard, monitor, and gpu, and windows 10. All of the drivers and software are on disks. How do I go about downloading these disks to a now pc? Here is my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tCfTCb I have an apple disk reader that connect via usb, can I use that to download the drivers instead of connecting a disk reader with sata cables? How do I download windows 10 with the disk? Like what should I do first and in what order should I download stuff when I turn on the pc for the first time? Thanks.

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 6 points

If you have another PC available you can download and use Microsoft Media Creation tool to make a USB thumb drive Windows 10 installer.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

As for the rest of your drivers, wait until you have Windows installed and then download the most updated drivers for your components right from the websites.

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

+1

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

i just want to say i tried doing this with a MacBook Pro and just couldn't get it to work. Fat32, download, etc. just couldn't start the loading. i go so frustrated i just went to best buy and bought the actual usb for windows. $20 more but now i don't have a headache.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

i just want to say i tried doing this with a MacBook Pro

Well there's you problem. ; )

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

For real. i kept reading it could be done. you know what they say about the internet X-D

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm sure it can be done, but my experience is doing anything like that going between Mac Os and anything else is hit and miss at best.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Since I have the disk for Windows 10, can't I just connect a usb disk reader the download the operating system?

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know what you mean by download. Do you mean install Windows? If you maybe. The USB disk reader may not be detected by your motherboards bios, and thus not be able to be used.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube