add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Having Frame timing troubles with new monitor

shottycall

22 months ago

I bought the "Poor mans acer predator" (https://pcpartpicker.com/product/tq38TW/acer-monitor-umcx1aa001) and I'm having frame timing problems. I'm running an i7 4790k @ 4.5ghz and a Zotac GTX1080ti with windows 10 and my games all installed on SSD's. I never had any stuttering problems when I was using a 28" 4k monitor but since I switched to the Acer Predator games look like I'm getting low FPS but everything shows its holding 60fps so I'm assuming its a frame timing issue. I've tried a few different recent drivers, lowering settings, forcing vsync in nvidia control panel, and messing with other random nvida settings. Some things make it better but it never looks totally smooth.

Also tried setting monitor to its "extreme OC" setting. It didn't seem to make any change.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

If you are forcing v-sync to 60 FPS that maybe the issue since your new monitor is a 75Hz panel.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

most likely this. Make sure to also set your monitor to 60hz if you're wanting that to be your target. Otherwise up your frame cap to 75 and hopefully you can hit that in your games.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

The monitor is set to 60hz in the Nvidia control panel, is there another way to set monitor refresh?

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Frame times are GPU based, and you should be able to check them depending on the game.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube