add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Temperature concerns

Azurej

22 months ago

Hi everyone. I just finished my build yesterday https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Z6CCzY

I installed corsair link to check out temperatures and it says my cpu package is running at 80+ degrees at almost no load. Meanwhile, 5 of the cores arehovering at 30 degrees while one is at 60 degrees. I checked to make sure the AIO was correctly installed and everything. Any advice? Im not super familiar with all of this.

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Try restarting and loading into the BIOS and see if the temps are different there.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

There seems to be some issue with this cooler surrounding the driver/software causing the pump to be non-functional, hence your temps are high because it's doing nothing.

Un-install the link software and try this one

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

So it turns out that I’m able to change the pump speed between performance and quiet. I downloaded hwmonitor and it shows all my temps to be perfectly normal. It’s just link that’s showing weird temps

• 22 months ago
  • 0 points

Try uninstalling Corsair Link and making sure you install the latest version of it again. I've seen several forms about some temperature sensor bug on Corsair Link so you should be fine. You could always use the old hand to see if it is hot or not. Idle temp should not feel warm like right near the cpu or gpu but during stressful loads, it should feel warm, never hot or burning.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

When I looked about the software it stated the bug was with the latest version of the software and that previous versions were not affected.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, maybe just he shouldn't base his temps off of that or just don't use it if that is something he'd want to do.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube