add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Should I trust Kinguin

iduf7503
  • 25 months ago

I want to get Windows 10 but I don't want to blow my budget. I've heard about sites like Kinguin and I was wondering if I should just pick up a key for like $30. I don't want to get into anything sketchy or anything. I know for like a buck you can get their buyer protection but should I trust them to actually give me a new key if there's a problem? Please help.

Comments

• 25 months ago
  • 7 points

Sale of software and keys from that site often violates the ToS or are resold licenses purchased via fraudulent credit card. Recommending, suggesting, advising, encouraging, hinting, or in any way implying these keys as a solution or option is not allowed on this site.

• 25 months ago
  • 3 points

Short answer, No. They are illegitimate keys and your lucky if microsoft won't deactivate the license right away.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

That's what I expected, all of the sites that sell cheap keys seem pretty sketchy. I'd rather not mess around with key resellers or piracy and just pay the $100 bucks to be sure I had no problems.

• 25 months ago
  • 2 points

No, its basically a piratebay that costs money.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Way off on that one lol

Pirate Bay is illegitimate software trading while the Grey market software sites are usually valid license keys being sold... Some may be originally sourced in a nefarious way, and some transactions may be against the original purchase agreements, but they are not selling cracked games...

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Only ever buy an OS from a licensed retailer... So the big stores basically

• 25 months ago
  • 2 points

Yea, after like 19 people telling me I should, I decided just to spend the extra money for a legit copy of Windows.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

That's the best way to go, especially for windows

• 25 months ago
  • 2 points

I don't want to get on one day and have it say Windows got deactivated or anything.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube