add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
spiko12345678
  • 22 months ago

I bought windows 10 on a disk. I was wondering if i could move the windows 10 from the disk onto a usb and then plug the usb into my tower . Would this work? if so could anyone help me with it?

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

There's a roundabout method to do it.

Install Linux and install woeusb

Download the Windows 10 iso from Microsoft website.

Format your USB flash drive in NTFS format

Use the woeusb program to install the iso onto the USB and make it bootable

Reboot your system with the BIOS set to boot from USB.

Format your system and install Win 10.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

... I was wondering if i could move the windows 10 from the disk onto a usb and then plug the usb into my tower . Would this work?

Yes but the ISO available for download from Microsoft would be more current.

If you need to use the disc due to internet problems or such, you can use software such as Rufus to create a bootable Win10 USB flash. Tutorial posted at Rufus website.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you have the product key? If so, just use the other computer and download windows 10 onto the USB.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

If you don't have an optical drive you could buy a USB with Linux on, then do the aforementioned steps to create a Win 10 USB.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube