• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

tragiktimes101 11 months ago

So, I am a bit confused on the subject of addressable LEDs. I would like to set certain components up to display certain colors, but don't really know how to go about achieving this. 2 of my fans are Cooler Master ML120s. And, I have 1 Phanteks light strip, and 1 generic Chinese one. My motherboard is a Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5, if that helps.

I didn't know if I would need a hub, or special fans and strips to achieve this.

Comments Sorted by:

mrmason 1 Build 2 points 11 months ago

Hi,

I have the same motherboard and the ML120 fans too, you can connect the RGB headers to the board and control the zone colours via the Gigabyte control centre (trial and error needed to get the zones correct).

My RAM (delta TForce RGB) allows me to customise each LED individually via their software.

tragiktimes101 submitter 1 Build 1 point 11 months ago

I'm not having much luck with the Gigabyte Control Center. The software is buggy for me. Do you know of any decent alternatives to it? You said that T-Force's software allows independent LED addressing? What is that software name, if you don't mind?

mrmason 1 Build 1 point 11 months ago

I had issues with it too, I removed it all and installed off of the CD and so far no more issues, the version on their website was buggy. The delta software only supports their RGB ram.

You could try a Hue+ and configure each LED strip to a set colour, mines is set to rainbow for my LED strips. You get 2 strips in the box too.

I'm too broke for the Hue+, lol. But, I might try a reinstall. I don't have the disk, though (doubt it, at least). So that sucks.

mrmason 1 Build 1 point 11 months ago

Check amazon for deals, they usually have it on there. Overclockers had it at £55 including 2 fans too on offer and I believe Maplin put it down to £30-35 in their closing down sale.

I got mine on offer and use it purely for the LED strips, I don’t use the motherboard headers as the Hue allows me way more customisation

I'll do that! I'll also look for another source for the Gigabyte software to see if that works. If not, I might just start trying all sorts of software, lol.