add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Gigabyte Vs Asrock 990FX Motherboard

TehEpicSquid10
  • 76 months ago

Which of these motherboards is better?

I don't think the Asrock has a usb3 header, but can't you just run a cable through from the motherboard backplate usb3 slots into the front case usb3 slots? If not please correct me.

How many fans can you connect to each of the 2 motherboards is an important factor for me, as I would like to have the 1 fan on the cpu cooler and 3 - 4 on the case.

Any other factors to consider between the two motherboards, please mention.

Obviously the Asrock is £25 cheaper, so if a few sacrifices have to be made that could be solved with other hardware / software I would be fine with that.

MOTHERBOARDS: Gigabyte: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-ga990fxaud3 Asrock: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-990fxextreme3

Comments

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

it may be a bit cheaper but the gigabyte board will be much easier to work with

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

In what sort of ways will it be easier to work with? I am reading about the Asrock now and apparently it sometimes throttles the fx 83xx for power, and is not good for overclocking.

Does the Asrock have a front usb3 header?

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

it does not have a usb3 header and yes doesn't have as good of a power delivery system. though for a general overclock you should be fine with it. I feel given the way the gigabyte board is layed out it will be easier for cable management and give you better sata and usb connections. the layout for the pcie is also more flexable

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

So will it be a better idea to choke out another £25 and go for the Gigabyte motherboard? I'm thinking about putting an fx-8350 to 4.2 ghz without any issues or throttling, and want some very good cable management (my build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/328ak this list does not have the right mobo on btw).

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

I would yes usb connections are very important to me and I feel are a necessity or a modern gaming computer

• 76 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, I am probably going to add the Gigabyte board to my build now. Thanks.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube