• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

tragiktimes101 9 months ago

Okay, it's been a while since I've done a TTIH, so I figured it was about due. Pizza seems like something most people would like. I've been requested to do it a bunch, so that's what I'm doing! Personally, I'm a bit picky when it comes to my Pizza, so you won't get a whole lot of ideas from me. Now, that's not to say I don't like pizza, no, no, no, quite the opposite. I freaking love pizza. I literally could eat it every day and not get tired of it (don't believe me, ask my wife).

But, there is one particular type of pizza (frozen) which is probably my favorite. I want to know how many of you have ever had "Culinary Circle" pizza? Their pepperoni pizza chunks are so thick that it tastes like bacon chunks.

I have been trying to eat more types of foods and open up my tastes, so if you could post a few of the crazy recipes or additions you like on your pizza that would be just swell.

Deep Questions:

Cooked on a pan, stone, or on the rack?
Slices or folded (or folded slices)?
Carmalized cheese or uncarmelized cheese?

Comments Sorted by:

Haze159 1 Build 6 points 9 months ago

I can honestly eat any pizza as long as it doesn't have vegetables or pineapples.

Jersey.Devils 4 points 9 months ago

I'm a pineapple person, R1p m3.

Cobyfield 3 points 9 months ago

pineapples.

What a dead meme and just plain ignorance.

I love pineapple on pizza :D

Haze159 1 Build 1 point 9 months ago

Wasn't going for a meme. Pineapple does not belong on pizza and IMO it's disgusting.

Cobyfield 1 point 9 months ago

On Hawaiian it does, heathen.

EbolaChan 1 point 9 months ago

True that brother

tomtomj2 9 Builds 6 points 9 months ago

Obligatory post:

I think the real question here is, is a Pizza a pie?

gorkti200 2 Builds 3 points 9 months ago

No, it's a sandwich FFS.

tomtomj2 9 Builds 3 points 9 months ago

But if you fold over a Pizza to make a Calzone, does that actually make it a sandwich or is it a giant hot pocket?

tragiktimes101 submitter 1 Build 3 points 9 months ago

Not giant once I finish eating it. ;)

gorkti200 2 Builds 1 point 9 months ago

No no no, that's just a faux-Italian Empanada.

tomtomj2 9 Builds 1 point 9 months ago

But what about the droid attack on the wookies?

I got nothing lol

tragiktimes101 submitter 1 Build 1 point 9 months ago

Roll it tight and it becomes a burrito.

DaMysteryMan 1 Build 1 point 9 months ago

Fold it in half and it's a taco.

[comment deleted by staff]
Adrew24 1 Build 3 points 9 months ago

pineapple and ham all the way. Thin margarita is also good.

hirokie 5 points 9 months ago

PINEAPPLE ON PIZZA POLICE ARE HERE. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE SILENT. YOU WILL BE SENTENCED TO A MINIMUM 5 YEARS IN PRISON

/s

VapidDarkness 4 points 9 months ago

Weird, I could have sworn the minimum was 6 years .-.

Jersey.Devils 1 point 9 months ago

PineapplePizzaLivesMatter!

Adrew24 1 Build 1 point 9 months ago

Officer! I can explain! It's not what you think it is!

I get mine with pineapple black olives and bacon. Is that better?

hirokie 1 point 9 months ago

Fine, maybe 2 years if you’re good.

tragiktimes101 submitter 1 Build 2 points 9 months ago

Thin margarita?

I'm gonna need some explanations....

PCPPAccountant 1 point 9 months ago

YES, I agree! Margarita is also super good

JCMsergox 4 Builds 2 points 9 months ago

Pepperoni/Bacon dipped in Kicker from Dominoes.

EDIT; For TTIH #9 you should do salads so I can make a Yuma Romaine joke.

Real talk, what is kicker?

Nullarc77 3 Builds 3 points 9 months ago

A flinchy unitasker in football.

JCMsergox 4 Builds 2 points 9 months ago

It's a hot sauce.

Ahhh

PCPPAccountant 2 points 9 months ago

Thin crust, sweet sauce, lots of cheese, some mushrooms, and pepperonis. That is my favorite. There's a place around where I live called Maria's who makes it just right.

RamenWrestler 2 points 9 months ago

My all time favorite pizza is Donatos' pepperoni pizza. I don't live in an area where they have locations anymore, but when I visit my hometown of Columbus, Ohio, I always grab a large (along with a stack of 10 from White Castle).

Nullarc77 3 Builds 2 points 9 months ago

I like my crust thin and crispy. For sauce I prefer Alfrado. For toppings a 3 cheese mix of Parmesian, Swiss and Ricotta. Large chunks of bacon, Black olives, Green Bell peppers.

For TTIH #9 you should fo salads so JCMsergox can make a Yuma Romaine Joke

EDIT: Forgot to say that I like my pizza cooled on a stone or in a more teaditional stone oven.

gorkti200 2 Builds 2 points 9 months ago

Never heard of culinary circle. I make my own pizzas using a frozen crust from Trader Joe's. Whole Foods also makes a decent pizza, if you are near one and feeling lazy.

On a pan, but a stone would probably be dope I just don't want/need to invest in one lol. Cooking on the rack is how you make a mess.

Slices, which you can optionally fold. (How is folding its own choice, who just folds a whole pizza and eats it lol)

Some nice browning on the cheese, but only a bit. Wait too long and the crust will get too crunchy.

Cooking on the rack is how you make a mess.

It can be, lol.

(How is folding its own choice, who just folds a whole pizza and eats it lol)

It's some next level ****. It just becomes a giant taco. :)

Whole Foods also makes a decent pizza, if you are near one and feeling lazy.

I'll have to check that out. I fell lazy a disproportionate amount of the time.

nonoesimposible 2 points 9 months ago

My Rant

Personally, I prefer Chicago crust over New York. New York is OK when done correctly, but so many pizza shops don't do it correctly. 90% of the time I end up with a "crust" that's really just oily slime and filth. It makes me feel like Jabba the Hutt. I don't understand how the human race can lower itself to such a level. Contrast this to rich, filling crust that you actually want to eat, instead of treating it as a useless container to keep your meal from being a bowl of tomato sauce and condiments. It's like preferring an FX-8350 over an 8700K.

tldr: i prefer thick crust

Or better yet, this

tomtomj2 9 Builds 1 point 9 months ago

Im from New York, and I just wanted to say....

Chicago deep dish over New York style any day lol

Unless the NY Style is done right its just a greasy mess.

floridaboz 4 Builds 2 points 9 months ago

As i am reading this post, i am ordering a calzone, meat.

floridaboz 4 Builds 1 point 9 months ago

Update.. it was greasy, messing and all that other good stuff.

In another words... Pretty freaken good.

tragiktimes101 submitter 1 Build 2 points 9 months ago

Lol, I smashed a cheap square tostinos pizza last night. Pretty dope.

Oops that’s what I’m making right now

Wolfemane 7 Builds 2 points 9 months ago

Late to the pizza party as usual.

Pizza is slowly becoming a favorite for my boys. We LOVE Pizza Hut (don't judge me!!!) but I've found making the pies far more enjoyable than I thought I would. Over the years we've come up with a few pizzas that cook well on an open fire with a pizza stone or in the oven.

Our crust is made from Rhodes Yeast Dinner Rolls. We let the dough thaw and rise over night, then slowly roll it out (I can't toss dough.... not pretty) directly on the stone. I like a thick crust, my wife and kids like thin crust so I usually make thick crust (hehe). Once rolled I usually sprinkle the whole pie with some Italian seasoning for our red sauce pizza and parmesan for our white sauce pizza. I leave the dough virgin for our BBQ pizza.

Pizza 1 - Red sauce pizza. This one is usually a stuffed crust pizza. I line the rim of the dough with string cheese sticks, and wrap the dough over. The red sauce is a modified home made spaghetti sauce to give a slightly sweeter taste. We sprinkle (heavily) with a mozzarella / parmesan cheese blend topped with a layer of pepperoni. We then either throw it into an oven at 400 degrees, put it on the BBQ at ~ 525 degrees, or throw it directly on top of our fire pit (this takes way longer but omg the flavor is amazing). I don't know cooking times, we just eye ball it. When the pizza is done, we usually set the oven to broil, lightly sprinkle the top with some more cheese and toss it in for 5 - 10 minutes. This browns the top and helps hold everything together.

Pizza 2 - Chicken bacon alfredo - I do the dough basically the same, but usually rub the crust with parmesan. This one is NOT a stuffed crust. We make a homemade garlic alfredo sauce, top with bacon pieces and pan fried chicken bits. We cover with a layer of mozzarella and toss in whatever cooking method of choice that night (everything else is the same as pizza 1).

Pizza 3 - BBQ chicken pizza. I haven't mastered this one yet. The dough on the first few came out really squishy because of the BBQ sauce. Since then I usually bake the dough ALMOST to completion before adding the ingredients. I marinate a couple chicken breasts in a home made marinade, and then BBQ it on my grill. When done I lightly shred the chicken. I don't have a home made bbq sauce yet. I usually experiment with bottled sauces. It's been awhile, but I've been stuck on Stubby's bbq sauce last few times I've made this. Top with shredded BBQ chicken, crumbled bacon and a layer of mozzarella/sharp cheddar (sharper the better) cheese blend on top. Cheddar is super greasy, and I've found a 5 to 1 mix a good mix. The cheddar is there for a sharp taste to the the sweet bbq sauce. Finally, I toss it on the BBQ at the highest heat I can and close it up. Cooks in about 15 - 20 minutes. Now, my bbq is a propane model. If you don't like cooking with propane, and prefer charcoal (or open fire pit) throw in some mesquite. HOLY BANANAS the crust absorbs that flavor and it's down right friggen amazing!

I love pizza

ps - I'm a strong believer fruits and vegetables have no business on a pizza. But I usually bbq corn, asparagus, or make a side of buffalo cauliflower bites to go with the meal.

I’m craving deep dish pizza from Chicago. Either Uno’s Pizzeria or Giordano’s.

..but I don’t live in Illinois. ::(

TheShadowGuy 1 point 9 months ago

I dislike pepperoni. Salami is pretty good though.

Some favorites:

Crust: Hand tossed, flame grilled in a brick oven. Sauce: Thai peanut. Cheese: Something mild and melty, like provolone. Toppings: Thai curry with chicken, onion, etc. Maybe some veg like bean sprouts.

Crust: Somewhat thick and whole grain. Sauce: Tomato based. Cheese: Italian blend. Toppings: Pesto, sundried tomatoes.

Crust: On the thinner side. Sauce: Barbeque (thick and brown type) Cheese: Most things work here. Toppings: Meats. A little sriracha. Even something crazy like pineapple can work.

prepare for downvotes

I like pineapple on my pizza!

Click Report.
Check 'Obscene or Offensive Content'.
Additional Information: "Please delete user's account."
Click Send.

Wow people are nice, if this was reddit I would be at -4,000 karma.

I'm sensing a new company slogan.

PCPP - We're More Nice Than Reddit!

Genius. Pure genius.

Slingshott 1 Build 1 point 9 months ago

Especially since it’s nicer not more nice.

WirelessCables 1 Build 1 point 9 months ago

I like pineapple on my pizza!

Hmm, it seems EACommunityTeam has hacked your account.

:P

Captaincow285 1 point 9 months ago

I was in Detroit a week a go for a World robotics competition, and I went to this pizza place downtown that had the best deep-dish pizza. The crust was like pastry, the sauce was rich and embedded with sausage and pepperoni.

Being the guy I am, I ordered a lasagna.

Lol XD

EagleByte 1 Build 1 point 9 months ago

Papa John's is my favorite pizza restaurant. Their version of meat lover's is amazing. I could eat that all day. Their garlic sauce, too, is pretty nice.

MichelWeber 1 point 9 months ago

Its dark here now - but try again in 12 hours??? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKpkKoe41u4

Cooked on a rack. Slices. Never heard of carmalized cheese.

I live pizza as well. Have picked a few go to places in the area. One is such a hole in the wall my wife hates going. Another serves all sorts of beers - so we usually get a flight and some pizza at that place.
The places where you pick the type from the display case, they heat it up and call your name - have been my favorites.

Never heard of carmalized cheese.

It's basically when you slightly brown the cheese. It causes the sugars to combine to form more complex sugars, caramelizing them. Which produces more complex flavors. Same goes with anything that has sugars in it, really.

Zeromus725 1 point 9 months ago

I enjoy the New York style pizza.

ssjg5rlly 1 point 9 months ago

I just thought of lil ceaser's pizza

comes with lean as the sauce

crust is extra thicc

Who wants embalming fluid on their pizza? Weird...

I was joking.

Well, I would hope so, lol.

lol

Lynczus 1 point 9 months ago

I have never had that brand of frozen pizza. May be a your area type thing. I love pizza myself and it is something i could eat like you. Constantly. But the significant other could not and i drink most of my caloric intake lol so theres that.

My problem growing up in NJ is that i now live in PA and pizza out here sucks! Chinese food too but i wont get into that. Good pizza is few and far between, atleast as far as normal NY style pizza goes. There is some good brick oven pizza around here so ill give it that. But its not the same. Good pizza is like 30 mins+ from me. All I see if crap crust that reminds me of pizza hut/dominos/frozen style. The cheese isnt as good either.

On a side note I would say, folded slices to normal slices depending on what is on the pizza and how hungry i am. Uncaramelized cheese I would say, if you are meaning if it is liked baked and semi hard on top cheese. That is a damn no.

I have to say my favorite is still plain. Yes its boring to most but its easy and just gets the job done too well. Then Hawaiin, margherita, neapolitan, grandmas, upside down, white, sausage. Love some pizza with garlic too.

Nater650 1 point 9 months ago

Barbecue chicken pizza for the win :D

MannyPCs 1 point 9 months ago

Pepperoni pizza with bacon crumble, or one with a pesto sauce, chicken, fresh mozzarella, sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, olives, peppers and onions.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]