add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

$100 to who helps.

Aymenh265
  • 21 months ago

Pc gives no signal.

It's not video card

It's not monitor.

It's not ram.

Tried taking off all wires and plugging back in

I swapped my CPU, cpu cooler and psu with another computer and the other computer works but this one doesn't. Could I have damaged it while rebuilding? It was never on when I did.

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

You mean the GPU is tested working? Then it's the Motherboard for almost sure. Does it post? Just no signal? You tried hooking the HDMI to the GPU and the Mobo? Neither worked?

Specs?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Neither worked. Z270 and i5 7th gen. It worked before I swapped cpu

It all powers on and motherboard even lights up. But one fan does not work for some reason

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

It worked before you swapped CPU? Huh..

One fan not working is probably nothing. You've tried other monitors/HDMIs? You said it's not the RAM/GPU..

Try taking the Motherboard out of the case and setting it on a box? Usually if there's a short, it won't do anything, but I personally know one time a friend had the same symptoms and taking it out the case fixed it.

Did you try reseating the CPU? Double checked all connections?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes tried all of that but set the motherboard on a box??

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

The motherboard can get shorted out in the case.

You can try removing it from the case and setting it on a box or something. I actually had this issue on my first ever build but it stopped it from even powering on. Worth a shot though.

Otherwise, could be a BIOS issue. If you have another compatible CPU, swap it back. If the box doesn't work.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

It powers on and even lights up. So CPU swap the last option ?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I know GPU works. Motherboard lights up and the fans move when connected to it. Says no signal

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Try another wire for the monitor. Try booting up with no GPU, 1 stick of memory, and no hard drives.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I will try

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

What are the specs of your old and new computer?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

What was the CPU swapped with? Did you update bios before install and then reset it by taking the coin battery out? Does the computer power up at all?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Powers on. Same generation but i7. No there's no signal to see anything. I tried the coin.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I know you don't want to do this, but put the old CPU back. If it gets display this time, update the bios and swap it back. Reset bios after swapping tho

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

But on the other PC all I didn't have to do that. It just said new CPU installed

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Well you gotta verify your board still works. Try putting the old CPU back.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Clickbait title... If it's not clickbait though I will happily take it.

First, make sure motherboard is plugged in, 8 pin CPU power and 24 pin.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Why down voted?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Tried

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Try updating MoBo bios or rma your mobo

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Can't update. No signal

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I suggest rmaing the mobo

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Aren't Z270 motherboards Coffee Lake only?

Or is that Z370?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

What I/O options do both your GPU and monitor share? What are you currently using, HDMI?

If so I’d try another HDMI cable first, then a different port/cable type - say, DisplayPort if both GPU and monitor have it. It’s entirely possible to damage a port without necessarily killing the hardware it’s attached to.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube