add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
billybrahms
  • 22 months ago

I have had this pc for a little while now. The audio has worked fine since I built it. Today, I plugged in speakers to the front audio port and nothing played. I tried my headset and still nothing played. Did I do something wrong? The speakers and headset both work with a phone just not my pc for some reason. I have windows 10, did I accidentally change a setting without knowing it? I also tried the back audio ports but those didn't seem to work either (not sure for those if I plugged it into the back audio correctly).

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Open device manager within control panel and open a setting named something like sound and audio devices or something like that, and tight click to make sure whatever device is set to play audio (you can also click there to test the device). At the bottom right of your home screen there is also a sound icon you can click which will allow you to change the audio output device.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube