add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fingerprints on my Noctua NH-D15

jalily
  • 22 months ago

Hello. I've recently discovered that my D15 air cooler has some fingerprints on the heat sinks that won't go away. I tried using a micro fiber cloth but I can't get rid of it.

Looking for suggestions on how to clean this. Thank you :)

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 3 points

If it’s on the aluminum heatsink fins then soap + water is fine if you want to take it off.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

The fingerprints are on the same position as shown in the pictures in this link: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/759503-help-best-way-to-clean-a-noctura-nh-d15-finger-oil-stains/

We have the same problems. EDIT: I will also try soap and water

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

I would recommend isopropyl alcohol (~90%), if you have it. This is less likely to leave residues behind, especially if tap water is particularly hard in your area.

• 22 months ago
  • 2 points

^ isopropyl alcohol is the way to go

They usually sell ≈90-92% at the drug store or super market (CVS, Wallgreens, Stop and Shop, Shop Rite, Acme, A&P, Wise, pretty much anywhere). The green tinted ones are usually 70 ish percent (it's printed on the bottle), the 90% ones are usually clear.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Hello. I will try 90% isopropyl alcohol tomorrow. And 70% too. Hopefully I will be able to post my results on the same day. Thank you, you two!

• 22 months ago
  • 3 points

If you have 90%, just stick with that, no need to get both that and 70%.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you very much for helping! The fingerprints were removed! :D I used a 70% isopropyl alcohol and a microfiber cloth. There's still some residue of the alcohol in the heatsink but it doesn't look too terrible

Thanks for the suggestions!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube