add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC working just fine but nothing showed up on the Monitor

ads_br0
  • 22 months ago

A day after I last used my PC, I turned it on along with my monitor which is an LG 23MP68VQ connected to my PC via dvi of my Msi B 250M - Pro VD motherboard since I don't have a graphics card. Initially I thought that this was a problem with my PC and so I restarted it but still nothing to show up on the monitor. I checked the internals and the debug LEDs of my mobo and it seems that the PC was working just fine. I checked the dvi cable and there not physical damage to the cable itself. This told me to restart my monitor, switch around the input but still nothing displayed. The monitor itself turned on without any problems. I connected a laptop with a HDMI connection since the monitor does support it but and still no further results. I unplugged the power adapter of my monitor for about a day and still nothing happened. Does anybody what should I do? Suggestions and answers are very welcomed...

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

You have done most of the basic troubleshooting things that I would recommend. At this point I think that it is on the monitor side. Do you have another monitor to test the ports on the PC and the cables?

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Sadly, no :(

I do have a TV with a HDMI input but my mobo doesn't have one. I did test my monitor with a laptop via HDMI but no results. I've installed some of the drivers which LG provided before this problem started.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Try to boot in safe mode if you can do that then it's probably a driver issue.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Unfortunately there is not much else I can suggest. If you can get ahold of a DVI-HDMI adapter then you can test it a bit more.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube