add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Water cooled 1080ti underperforming

WizardlyMoney
  • 22 months ago

You can find my build here. The issue I’m having is that it seems that the graphics card is overheating possibly because of air in the waterblock. I was playing Rainbow 6 siege on originally on max settings 1080p which seems like it would be no problem for a 1080ti, but I was only getting around 120 FPS and it would frequently dip to around 20. I opened task manager on my other monitor and saw that the game was at 100% gpu usage and only 50% cpu. After closing the game out I opened EVGA and asus’ software to check temps and the cpu temp was in the 30s while the gpu was at 80. That was a minute or two after I closed out the game so I imagine it was running even hotter while gaming. I also had similar experience for battlefield 4 if that helps.

Comments

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Reinstall the GPU block, that should help. You might've put on too little TIM on it, I'm not sure, but it definitely shouldn't get that high.

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Did you peel off the plastic on the block? that might help. JayzTwoCents had the same issue once :)

• 22 months ago
  • 1 point

Rainbow Six gives me random drops as well. I have a 1080 and run 2160x1440 (60Hz) max settings and it gets random drops too. Rainbow Six, has what I have heard called the "100% cpu bug" where it randomly maxes out your cpu and dops your fps for a few seconds or so.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube