add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Not sure if...GPU or driver issue maybe RAM?

panthersoul

21 months ago

so i have the latest drivers. i have the latest windows 10 build...and i have a problem im not sure how to troubleshoot. diagnose or figure out. I can reboot my pc and launch any game just fine. but after a couple hours of no game running. i can go to launch something and i encounter issues. I get "Wow was unable to start up 3D acceleration" for launch WoW. Overwatch i get a general error. after one of these errors. if i go back to the Battle.net launcher the launcher itself crashes.

Other games like my main one Warframe just...doesnt launch. but when i hit to relaunch it. it says its already running. buit doesnt even appear in task manager. ill see if i can get the previous nvidia driver and see if that helps as this problem is new as of 4/25 driver release. but if its my RAM something couldve happened.

Any help is appreciated. Or any ideas. Thanks.

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I've noticed in the latest drivers I get an error similar to that after the PC has been idle for awhile. I went back to the older driver I was using. Not sure if it'll come back.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Link to your build?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube