add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is 650W enough?

sergeyi22889
  • 21 months ago

Hey guys! Need a little advice on my build!

The specs are as seen below: [I7-7700k with a Corsair h80i cooler

[3200mhz G.Skill Trident Z 16GB

[ASUS Z-170Pro motherboard

[ROG Strix 1080ti

Also 1TB WD Blue x2 And Crucial MX500 250GB SSD Few random thermaltake fans that came with the Core X71 case.

Okay so here’s my question is 650W enough power to run the system and be able to overclock correctly Without my system crashing?

I’ve been using this setup for a little while now and when I tried to overclock the system would crash or not boot!

I’m underperforming in games with Vsync with the 1080ti which I didn’t think was a problem, also overclocking my ram makes the system crash! Is this due to lack of power or just my system cannot handle it!

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 4 points

The issue isn't wattage. Its that your overclock isn't stable and it needs more voltage. CPU's are not made equal. What works for one may not work for another.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks will try that later today

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

Are you overclocking correctly? Seems like you have issues with instability with your current setup.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I followed a step by step guide, and the system still crashes! I’m not sure why this is but I was careful

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

All chips are not equal. What voltages and clock speeds are you running? And have you done a proper stress test?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Tried to run 4.8GHZ with 1.25V and the system didn’t want to properly boot

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

Try upping voltage if you want. 1.4v for my personal taste is the max.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Will try tomorrow when I get home, but for now I am running basic stock settings which is annoying considering it’s potential

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay so, I tried everything you guys suggested but the system won’t boot even with your advice, I’m not sure what it is at this point

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

After a few little tests I got it to 4.6 at 1.31V but whilst doing the stress test my Temps went upto 90 on core 3/4

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube