add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I need help installing new motherboard!

Senju21
  • 24 months ago

After several hours, I managed to swap out motherboards to a new one. I need help with the part that comes after once I boot the computer, will stuff automatically update? Do I need to reinstall windows/repurchase? I can build a computer just fine at my own slow pase, but when it comes to that stuff afterwards it makes me nervous and would like some help. btw the motherboard came with a Disk to install something and I have no optical drive. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Old motherboard Asus - H110M-E/M.2 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

New Motherboard - MSI - B250M GAMING PRO Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

This is my current build with the new motherboard.

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 4 points

You have an OEM version of windows which means your windows licence is tied to your motherboard and can not be transferred to another motherboard

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

I missed that. Point.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

When dealing with a different mobo (motherboard), clean install of the operating system is the typical practice.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube