add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

no video signal, no POST beep?

passthehanky
  • 21 months ago

here's my part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/passthehanky/saved/wHhCyc (there's also a basic DVI monitor leftover from my roommate's previous computer, a razer naga, and a logitech G series keyboard.)

we just recently RMA'd the CPU and motherboard because it wouldn't boot, but all the LEDs and fans powered on. no video signal there. then it started to get stuck in reboot loops, so we figured something was faulty. the new parts came in, and after reassembly, we still can't get a video signal or any kind of beep code from the speakers.

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

Beep codes dont come from your speakers, did you plug in a motherboard speaker? Not all boards come with those and I'm not sure yours does. Where is your DVI cable being plugged into? If you put it in the motherboard it's not going to work. Make sure your ram is plugged into the correct slots, if they are, try one stick at a time. Reset the bios by taking the coin battery out and putting it back in. Make sure you plugged in your graphics card correctly, make sure it's seated into the slot correctly and make sure your PCIe cables are plugged in all the way. Check the 24 pin cable as well.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

we've only tried the GPU since ryzen 7 doesn't have integrated graphics. no motherboard speaker, i didn't know about that. i haven't tried different ram configs yet, but that's next on the list. the CMOS is definitely on my list. all the cables are in all the way and the GPU is fully seated.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Just following up, did you fix the issue?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I have the same problem right now I’m still stuck and I even have a mobo speaker and it doesn’t beep at all. https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Zeroflln/saved/2YdKZL

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Check if the CPU and GTX 1080 are properly installed. If they are properly installed, either the MSI GTX 1080 or the memory are faulty. The reboots are likely caused by a memory corruption.

BTW, most motherboards do not have a motherboard speaker, so that is probably why there are no beeps. Check your motherboard diagnostic LED.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube