add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Monitor shuts down but my pc is still running?

AtlasTheVillain
  • 21 months ago

ive been having a problem with my pc that when im doing something, whether its playing or just on doing anything, my monitor either freezes with images still on the screen or it just turns turns black but my tower is still on. it would do it more often when i had my tv and my monitor hooked up to the video card but even after it would just occasionally do it but not as much. im thinking it might be my video card or something, id want to take it to FRYs to get it looked at but before spending the money for the diagnostics, im just looking to see if its an easy fix. would really appreciate it and thanks in advance! https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pgfhkd

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you have any thing else you can try using the monitor with? If it still happens on any other computers, then it is the monitor. I'd probably ask if you can get a replacement from them if they have it as an option.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Well my monitor worked fine with my previous build that i even had up to 3 screens hooked up. But I've seen that it could be a corrupted Windows file & that I'd have to reinstall my Windows.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Do other monitors have the same problem with the new PC?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I tried it with my friends monitor and the same thing happened. I even reinstalled windows to see if that worked but it still does it.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

It is an issue with the graphics card probably. Are your drivers updated? If they are, then I would have it get repaired/replaced.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I was afraid of that & yeah I made sure everything was updated but the problem still persists. Luckily I still have 1 year of warranty left on my graphics card tho.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube