add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Where did I go wrong

jbales

21 months ago

So at some point I messed up. I am thinking I need a new case to make this a easy fix, but I dont want to do that as I like the case. Im so mad at this point I can even think. So what do I do. I front mounted the radiator, but I cant get the gpu to fit after doing so. Then I tried to top mount it and it wont fit either.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MBqPXP

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

What is interfering with top mounting the radiator?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

The motherboard cover at the top, cpu cable, and the ram

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, I looked more into that and found someone on Youtube ran into the same problem you did....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoxpAl5ED0Y

You might want to see if you can return your cooler and go with an air cooler, or get a different case.

That's sucks, sorry. Your build looks like it's going to be great however, so don't give up.

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

Damn im so sad right now. I guess another case its going to have to be because I really want a liquid cooler. Thanks for the help

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

If the GPU will fit with the bottom radiator fan removed you could try and see how well that works until you get a new case.

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

I actually thought about that. I have a coolermaster 212 evo on my other pc I guess I could use

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I front mounted the radiator, but I can't get the GPU to fit after doing so.

The Meshify C has a maximum video card length of 12.40 inches (about 315 mm). Your video card is 298 mm long, and the radiator is 29 mm thick. That means you're about 12 mm short of room if you front-mount the radiator.

Then I tried to top mount it and it won't fit either.

Hmmm. Does the GPU fit without the radiator? You've only got 16 mm of room for error. If not, what's blocking it from doing so?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

It would fit if the fans didn't go there. Its set up just like the video Nickerson posted above. Sad day

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Just this week I put a new build together and found out I have to mount the top radiator outside of the steel frame with the fans inside - the radiator and the fans inside don't leave enough room to clear the cover plates on the mobo.

My case (Cooler Master CM690II) permits that option when I pop the cover off the frame although I'll have to hack some of the plastic away in the external sata dock tray that I never used anyway (I think they didn't plan for a radiator that thick) but otherwise it works well.

I don't see much room between the frame and the top cover from pictures of your case but maybe check that out?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Get slimmer fans to mount on radiator? They also have 120/140mm radiator liquid coolers, that way you could mount it in top front.

feels bad man

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't bother with 120 / 140mm AIOs, they perform worse than air coolers and cost more

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Mount it at the front. Use only 1 fan, at the top of the radiator.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube