add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Screen flashes Pink on laptop....seems to be caused by Nvidia drivers? Please help.

The_Protagonist
  • 21 months ago

Here's a video showing the problem: https://youtu.be/28yqIL8lBCw

Just a little background info: I have recently gotten a certified refurbished Acer Predator 17 G9-793-79V5 with GTX 1070 and a i7 7700hq. When I first received it, the screen frame wasn't assembled properly so I sent it back and they repaired it.

However, Whenever I restart my computer it flashes a pink screen ( although not consistently, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't) before loading the sign in screen on windows 10. The problem only happens with a restart, it does not happen with a wake from sleep or from start up if I shut down the computer. ( This is using default windows 10 settings btw)

I have tried updating to the latest drivers, disabling in safe mode and then reinstalling, completely uninstalling the driver and then reinstalling a fresh copy of the drivers non of which worked. The only time the problem does not occur is if i am not using Nvidia drivers, if i have it disable or if I regular windows drivers. I am using the latest Nvidia drivers 397.64 and how the latest updates to windows 10,64 bit.

Any ideas on if its a hardware issue with the LCD or a software issue (which it seems to be since the drivers seem to be the cause) and what the cause is and how to fix it? I have until Monday, to decide whether to return it or not. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Besides the pink screen flash at the start it works completely fine otherwise with the Nvidia drivers.

Edit: I tried to overclock the monitor to 110hz (native rate is 75hz) just to see if it would work but it didn't revert back like it normally would, it was stuck on a black screen and I had to manually restart the computer. Btw it has G-sync panel, which I never had before, so not sure if that is supposed to happen, if its a G-sync thing?

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I think you probably have a poor ribbon connection to the screen. It might be coming loose or might be torn/worn/etc.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I thought so too but if that's the case how come using the default drivers fixes the issue? Besides the pink screen flash at the start it works completely fine otherwise with the Nvidia drivers.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Wait so the flash is only on startup? I wouldn't worry about it if that's the case.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah it only happens when I restart the computer. That's why I'm trying to figure out whether or not it's a hardware (I'll need to return it) or software issue. Thanks for the help so far.

Edit: I tried to overclock the monitor to 110hz (native rate 75hz) just to see if it would work but it didn't revert back like it normally would, it was stuck on a black screen and I had to manually restart the computer. Btw it has G-sync panel, which I never had before, so not sure if that supposed to happen, if its a G-sync thing ?

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube