add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Psychedelic Games on my 2400G

MPipitone
  • 21 months ago

So I have no idea how to explain this other than the game screens look super trippy. Rainbow colored static on some parts and just general rainbow color schemes elsewhere. Some games are fine but its basically low end stuff like PC building simulator and game dev tycoon. Hellblade, PUBG, Fortnite all run super weird and I have no clue where to start with fixing this.

Pic I took: https://m.imgur.com/gallery/KDOnVtF

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Could you take pictures with your phone?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Try replacing the cable that you use to connect your GPU to your monitor first. My friend had a similar issue after building his PC that was due to a bad HDMI cable. This would be the quickest and easiest solution.

Try connecting to a different monitor/TV to see if the same problem persists to remove the monitor as the problem.

If the problem continues, then you may have a bad GPU. Try a different GPU to see if that fixes the issue. Otherwise you may have a bad 2400G.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I have the 2400g because I don't have a dedicated gpu. And I don't think it's the cable because I took it from my personal build for the time being but I'll try that anyway. Tried contacting AMD but they've yet to respond

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

In this event they merely mean the port on your motherboard to the monitor.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I figured but wanted to clarify. And can confirm that other cables and displays do the same thing. However, it does seem to go away if I go from fullscreen to windowed fullscreen and back to fullscreen. At least for a while until something randomly triggers it again.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds like a bad chip. May need to RMA it back to AMD and get a replacement.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Could this be the motherboard for any reason?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Could this be a bad motherboard? I got a new 2400g and the same thing keeps happening. New cables and different monitors do the same thing.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

It’s possible (the HDMI port on the MoBo might be faulty), so I’d probably look into contacting the manufacturer’s support.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Reached out to Asus today. No reply as of yet

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube