add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Ram usage affecting in game sensitivity?

Randall0208

21 months ago

Hello, I recently upgraded my system from a am3+ platform with ddr3 ram. I upgraded to the ryzen 5 1600, corsair vengeance lpx 2x4gb 2666mhz and a b350 tomahawk. I would play games like overwatch and my ram usage would be 50% just playing the game, and I wanted to be able to stream games. I returned that and bought a kit of g.skill fortis 2x8gb 2400mhz. Super worth it, when I play games its around 33% usage and when I stream around 50%. Except theres one strange bug, once I'm beyond 50% usage the higher the usage goes my sensitivity feels less responsive and laggy on overwatch. If anyone knows why please let me know. I think it might be my ram speed bottlenecking with the ryzen, but it says all over the ram "ryzen optimized" so not sure.

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

This is a strange situation. One that I have never heard of. My best guess is that it is coincidental to the RAM. It is possible if you don't have an SSD that it is the HDD that is causing the bottle neck. The parts that you mentioned should be able to handle streaming and gaming no problem. It is possible that your drivers aren't updated. I would check drivers first and report back your findings.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I do have an ssd that the game is running on, sorry I should of specified. When I first bought my new cpu, ram, and motherboard I pretty much just plugged everything in and played and didn't install drivers, and I just installed drivers for my cpu and its working great now! My ram usage even went down which is weird but I dont get the weird sensitivity and everything is working sharp! Thanks a lot!

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Glad I was able to help!

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey you might remember me from a few days ago with the sensitivity glitch, I've noticed its coming back but when I restart my pc it stops, or if my pc has been on for a little while it starts happening. Sometimes when ive turned my pc off and came back a few hours later and started it up it happens too. Not sure if its thermal throttleing, probabaly not. My graphics card is a gtx 1060 3gb so maybe its not enough vram, but it's only overwatch though so 3gb should be plenty. Nothing's out of ordinary, my ram usage is well under 50%, my cpu usage is only like 15% and my gpu is at like 95% but I think that's normal. I never updated any motherboard drivers out of the box but i dont think that matters, but im no expert. If you have any idea why let me know, I really have no clue. Thanks

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

It shouldn't be thermal throttling, but just to be sure grab a program like MSI afterburner and check the temps when you are running games. If you can try swapping out RAM, if you don't have any extra don't worry about it for right now. If you are on Windows you can check what version/ update you are on and try to trouble shoot from that way. Did you recently update your OS or anything like that?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube