add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Compatibility check false!!

PartPickerBoi
  • 21 months ago

Never mind I was being stupid, didn’t realise the rubber grommets on the backplate adjusted. Thanks to everyone who commented and helped me. Can continue with my first build now :).

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

you are just installing it wrong

Try again OP, it'll fit.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

The back plate doesn’t fit though. And without that no matter how you screw it in it’ll fall straight off the motherboard??

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I’ve tried the backplate in every way round and it’s too wide for the four holes.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

The morherboard backplate or the Corsair one? It should screw on, and not be loose. It’s okay for it to be loose if it’s not screwed on yet.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

The Corsair backplate, the intel one. The points that are meant to go through the holes in the motherboard are too wide. Am I being really stupid and mounting it wrong? The motherboard didn’t seem to come with a backplate?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Rotate it and flip it. Add pics.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Corsair shows compatibility.

Have you tried moving the rubber grommets to line up with the holes?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

The grommets on the backplate are too widely spaced if that’s what you mean. It’s my first time building so I’m sorry if this is frustrating that I’m getting it wrong.

• 21 months ago
  • 3 points

It is compatible, as as LGA1151 uses the same spacing as 1150. Plus there are many completed builds using a H60 and LGA1151 boards.

https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/Vwdqqs#s=30

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 21 months ago
  • 1 point

As others have stated, these components are indeed compatible. I've moved this to the troubleshooting forum.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube