add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Headphones won't play any sound in right ear

Entrainers

21 months ago

So I've had this pair of Bauhn headphones for about 6 months now. They've worked great, and have had probably about 500 hours of total use. Worked fine, I leave them on my desk. Today, however, I put them on and notice there's only sound coming from the left ear, where the wire connects to.

One thing I noticed is when setting windows to only play from the right ear, and pulling the cord out of the jack on the left ear slightly, sound will play in the left ear as if it were the right. Also, I got sound to play through the right ear for a fraction of a second, so it works fine.

Also, adjusting windows audio balance for left and right both affected the left ear. I.e. setting both to 0 = no sound, setting 1 to 100 = full sound regardless of 2nd one.

If I had to guess, the audio for both my left and right heapdhones is being played through the left ear.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

It sounds like the wire has loosened or wiggled slightly out to the extent that it is causing an issue. (That's my guess anyway, think of that old phone charger you have that has been used to the extent that the casing or even some of the wires are popping out.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube