add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Userbenchmark stuck at 4K mixed test

flimfox
  • 21 months ago

Just got my new computer and was excited to check out the userbenchmark stats but when i run the test it just get stuck on 4k mixed test... i've searched around and found some threads about this but they are like 1-2 years old and they didn't have a fix for it so was just wondering if this still happens for people and is there a fix?

This is the site i'm talking about http://www.userbenchmark.com/

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you have a raid configuration or any USB drives plugged in?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I've tried to unplug the USB drives and the problem is still there. I've got a small fix and that is to unplug the HDD and then do the test but that shouldn't be a thing that i have to do every time.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Your right it's shouldn't. How old is your HDD? I'm just wondering if it could be an indication of a problem with the drive that is not showing up elsewhere.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

The HDD i've got is the Barracuda Compute HDD 2TB / 64MB / 7200 RPM / ST2000DM006

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Well other people have been able to benchmark that drive...

http://hdd.userbenchmark.com/Seagate-Barracuda-2TB-2016/Rating/3897

A couple of thoughts, when was the last time to defragged the drive?

Also you might want to scan the drive for errors and bad sectors just to be sure.

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

Just talked to a person working there and it seems like a bug on their part this is their message:

I am afraid that this is a bug in our software, it sometimes shows up on external hard drives and sometimes on MS storage spaces. We are working on a fix which we hope to release shortly. In the meantime, the only way to get our test to complete is to take the relevant drive offline. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube