add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Build will not post red cpu light

Zeroflln
  • 21 months ago

Here’s my new build currently breadboxing it. Asus Z370E Gaming MOBO Intel I5 8600K Enermax Liquifusion 240 Radiator 16 GB TridentZ 3200 RAM (8x2) 750w EVGA power supply GTX 1080 EVGA super-clocked 120GB ssd 1TB HDD Enermax Equillence Case 3 extra enermax case fans 120mm Windows 10 home 64 bit

Problem is when I turn my power supply on the cpu light on the motherboard is constantly red which I understand is normal until powering the unit. Once I jump the power connectors with a screwdriver the fans, pump, and all my rgb come to life, but my cpu light on the MOBO is still solid red. What can I do before I RMA the cpu and board?

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Zeroflln/saved/2YdKZL

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

There are no other lights on the MOBO. It’s only the cpu light. The ram, vga, and all other mobo lights are off.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I’m a dumbass haha got it solved. Did some research into my mobo manual and psu manual and as this is my first fully modular psu I had the wrong side of my 24 pin connector on my mobo and failed to install the extra 8 pin which was on the top of the mobo. I didn’t think I needed the 8 pin bc the manual said it’s intended for oc, but once I put it in it finally booted up no problem.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

The 8 pin powers the CPU .

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube