add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Monitor Output

farieon
  • 21 months ago

It isn't a major problem, but I'd still like to know if I could fix it. When I leave my pc on for a while without any interaction it goes into sleep mode and my power button flashes. When I turn it back on everything works fine, the pc is on, the fans are running, and the monitor is working, but no video output goes to the monitor. To fix this I have to go to the power switch, switch it off, wait a few seconds, and turn it back on. Then everything works fine but the same thing will happen if I leave it alone and it goes into sleep.

Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this or how I could fix it? Thanks.

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

The easy workaround is to change windows settings to not sleep or turn off the monitor... But its up to you if thats an ok long term solution.

Is it only when waking up from sleep? or if the monitor auto turns off cuz of in-activity? Does manually turning off the monitor and back on mess things up too?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, this only happens when I press my power button while it is flashing. The monitor turns off because of inactivity long before my pc goes to sleep but I can turn it back on. Turning off the monitor and back on doesn't do anything.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube