add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

A question about my graphics card and Power supply

kingcidd

21 months ago

I recently bought my parts to build my pc, and the graphics card I have is the evga gtx 1080 and the power supply is the evga 750 watt gold. What I'm wondering is that the power supply came with these 6x2, basically these 8 pins and they're labeled vga and there's two of these.. Do I plug in one of them into the graphics card or both?

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

What power supply? And yeah, as long as it says VGA or PCI-E, plug them in. Make sure they fit by looking at the socket and the cable, they should be either square or square at the bottom with a half circle on the top. Line them up with the socket. There are two because SLI. If your card only has 6 pins, plug in the 6 pin connector and leave the 2-pin connector without. If it has 8 pins, plug all 8 pins into it.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I ended up finding a forum about it and they plugged both cables into the graphics card. I actually created a new thread with another question and I'm not sure on how to resolve. I was wondering if you could lend another helping hand haha.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube