add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Video+Gaming build 32gb Ram (16gb usable)

mas1710
  • 21 months ago

Hi there,

Completed my first build recently. I'm a video production professional and a gamer and wanted something that could do both. Build went together easily and has performed gaming and editing well!

My issue is that the system recognizes all 32gb of ram but (16gb useable) next to that stat.

Build as follows

Windows 10 home 64bit (triple checked)

Gigabyte Ab350 Gaming 3

AMD Ryzen 7 1700

G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32gb 4x8gb DDR4 3000

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Gaming

Any insight?

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

Have you tried actually testing to see how much ram is usable? Task Manager ( I am guessing that's what you are looking at ) is "not the most reliable" sometimes°. Maybe try using something like NZXT CAM and see what that reports for ram used, and then try stressing the system (if you can't figure out a good way to fill up the ram just open chrome and spam ctrl+t until it breaks. You can monitor cam from your phone, I would just watch and see how much ram it says is used.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I'll give that a go! Actually seeing the report in the About tab in the system settings under the device specifications.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube