PCPartPicker

• Register

The De-Nuclearization Summit, Which Would Have Been a Great Thing For the World, Was Just Cancelled....

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

tragiktimes101 11 months ago

So, it appears that due to the falling out that occurred last week between N. Korea and S. Korea, and due to the statement and response to and from Vice President Pence and the most senior N. Korean representative, it appears that President Trump has decided to pull out of the summit. This is a sad time for N. Korea, S. Korea, the US, and the world at large. It is my hopes that there is a reconciliation that can take place leading to further, and fruitful talks to de-nuclearize, and to decrease hostilities between N. Korea and the west.

cnbc.com/id/105229013

Comments Sorted by:

m52nickerson 1 Build 7 points 11 months ago

Trump did have the right idea, being willing to meet face to face. You don't solve problems without talking. However, the complete lack of discipline in his administration tanked it.

gorkti200 3 Builds 7 points 11 months ago

Aye I don't even fully blame Trump for this one, although Pence and Bolton surely contributed to ******* it up. Kim Jong Un is pants-on-head crazy though, the chances of this actually happening were pretty slim.

tiny_voices 4 Builds 5 points 11 months ago

Kim Jong Un is pants-on-head crazy though, the chances of this actually happening were pretty slim.

Exactly.

tragiktimes101 submitter 1 Build 2 points 11 months ago

Pence and Bolton surely contributed to ******* it up.

If Kim wasn't considering the possibility of a coup leading to his eventual summary execution, he sure was after Vice President Pence's statements. Probably could have done without increased the little guy's paranoia.

tiny_voices 4 Builds 6 points 11 months ago

Not at all surprising.

More than likely N. Korea was never going to de-nuclearize regardless of what was said/done and were only stringing it along to get propaganda material to pump to their citizens, same as they always have.

Sad for sure.

JCMsergox 4 Builds 4 points 11 months ago

But at least we have coins.

hirokie 1 point 11 months ago

To me, this is a REALLY dumb move. We could’ve had the relief of being safe and possibly being in a good relationship (like America and Japan.)

Even if we know that N. Korea can’t reach us, it still brings lots of problems. I hope they can resolve this because this was a horrible idea

I read this post a bit wrong sorry. I agree with the others that this was not surprising, sad, and probably wouldn’t happen at all. Kim Jong Un is to be said, not someone you can trust. Hopefully we can resolve things though.

tragiktimes101 submitter 1 Build 1 point 11 months ago

It really didn't help when Vice President Pence pointed out that they could end up like Libya. It's true, no doubt. Anytime a dicator loosens power they risk a coup. But, it didn't need to be said to make the little guy worry more.

Adrew24 1 Build 1 point 11 months ago

When North Korea ends up dropping nukes on South Korea, South Korea will drop pictures of happy, middle-class families getting access to basic amenities and food.

tragiktimes101 submitter 1 Build 0 points 11 months ago

About 20% of South Korea's population lives in Seoul (~10m / ~52m). Seoul is approximately 50 miles from the DMZ zone separating the two Koreas. If N. Korea launches nukes at Seoul (or even just uses it's massive conventional artillery units) it could decimate the population within a day or two. That's up to 10m civilian deaths within one day. This is the real threat that N. Korea holds over S. Korea and the U.S.

it was a joke.

About lot's of people dying....

Reflect on that for a moment, if you will....

I'm not trying to downplay how serious the issue is. I get what you're saying.

tragiktimes101 submitter 1 Build 0 points 11 months ago

I probably put more into it that it really needed, anyway. Sorry.

[comment deleted by staff]

And I really thought it might work...

They kind of already do similar things. They've been sending anit-North Korea propaganda for decades into N. Korea. They actually just stopped airing it due to the talks. Makes me wonder if they will start airing it again.

Enrico411 1 point 11 months ago

The US and North Korea are still in talks behind the scenes. Just the face to face meeting between president Trump and Kim Jong Un won't happen for the moment.

Sure hope so.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

But they did destroy their nuclear test sites.