add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fan options for the Fractal R4 w/ window?

AustinTheTimelord

70 months ago

I'm going to get the Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window but I'm not quite sure how many fans I should get or what sizes. So far I've picked out 2 of these and in case I have extra, I can put the leftover in my cousins computer since he's lacking a fan or two.

Comments

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

The R4 has two 140mm mounts in the front, one 140mm on the back, two 140mm mounts on the top, and either a 120 or 140 on the bottom, not sure. I would recommend getting 140mm fans instead of 120s because the case will accommodate larger fans, although there are screw holes to use 120mm fans if you want. I would reccoment getting a few Corsair AF140s instead.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

I wish the 140s came in 2 packs :/ Time to spend more money lol How many would you recommend I get? I plan on getting the H100i for the top.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

I actually have the R4 now with the H100i top mounted and it works great. I like how the heat goes right out of the case. It comes with two 140mm fans, one in back and one in front. Maybe you can just get one AF140 for the second front spot, then buy two more at a later time to replace the included ones when you save some money. That's what I'm doing cause I want all my fans to match. Even replaced the stock H100i fans because I wanted ones with the colored rings haha.

• 70 months ago
  • 1 point

I think 120mm fans are perfect. Its where most companies are spending their development dollars as it is the "standard" fan size. Nothing wrong with 140mm, but nothing is forcing you into that hole either. You can get some cheap Cougar Vortex 140mm if you like: http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/case-fan/#s=140,120&m=11,150,99,79&sort=a9

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube