add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Xeon + Motherboard

tezeuke

71 months ago

Am I missing something? I thought you only needed to match the socket on a motherboard to the chip. But when I choose a Xeon chip (e.g. Xeon E5-2690 V2) which have a LGA2011 socket, I am only shown two compatible motherboards. However, searching for motherboards with a LGA2011 socket yields 28 matches. So am I overlooking another compatibility issue?

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 3 points

Id find the motherboard you want then go to the manufactures website and see if it supports the CPU. Yes most MB's should support those chips.

This website isnt the most trusted information. I know for sure that the Asrock extreme 4 2011 supports all the xeons and thats the cheapest 2011 MB.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube