add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Below 60 FPS in BF 1 with i5-7500 and RX 480

choondo
  • 21 months ago

Hi guys,

I've been playing BF 1 and recently my FPS has started to drop a lot. I've had the game for a while and I used to always get above 60 FPS. Now, some games I will get below 60 FPS, and some games I'll get way above it. I've read a bunch of threads that say I should be able to get 60 FPS on ultra, but I'm playing on low right now with sometimes even below 60.

Any ideas?

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

I have the same problem but I just overclocked my CPU and now i get decent FPS. BTW I don't have much friends with BF1 would you like to add me? (Nekromancer64)

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Unfortunately I can't overclock my CPU because it's an i5-7500. I don't have my PC right now but I'll add you.

[comment deleted]
  • 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I updated yesterday and I played one game where the FPS was above 60 the entire time. I'm not sure if that has to do with inconsistency or what though.

Not sure if it matters but I looked about GPU and CPU usage in game and the CPU was at 100% the entire time and the GPU ranged from 10-100%.

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

That indicates your CPU is being pegged on all 4 cores, which I believe BF1 does rather well. Are you doing anything else in the background?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

No, I usually have nothing open in the background.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube