add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Worked fine for the first 3 days but now Black Screen

ES99
  • 21 months ago

These are the parts I am using. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fQj4MZ

I assembled them and powered my first ever PC. I skipped the bios the first time and started getting drivers. I only downloaded the Windows 10 updates, Nvdia Geforce drivers, and I did a restart of the system. I booted into windows login screen again and all was fine. I downloaded Gears of War 4 and did a benchmark (I wanted to see how it ran before overclocking and before updating the bios). Then I overclocked my cpu from 3.2 to 3.4 ghz and my ram from 2133 to 2933mhz. I did another benchmark and all was fine. I decided to set the cpu to 3.2 ghz and ram to 2667mhz. All was fine. I did download and extract the bios update to a flash drive but I did not use it bc I wasn't comfortable with it and nothing was wrong. I woke up and hit the power button and everything (leds and fans) turned on but I'm stuck at a black screen. I powered off and turned back on and the bios appeared and I mashed the delete key but nothing happened I let it sit for 10 minutes on the Gaming Plus logo and nothing. I tried hitting the power button and nothing. I flipped the psu switch to turn it off. Here is what I have tried.

1. I removed 1 ram stick. Fans and led still running but black screen.
  2. I switched ram sticks and inserted the other one and same result as 1.
  3. Unplugged psu for 30 seconds; same result.

I read it might be a gpu driver problem and I should uninstall it but I can't get inside windows 10.

Comments

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 21 months ago
  • 1 point

When you say bridge do you mean have the screwdriver touching both pins? Do I do this while the pc is on or off? I'm not trolling I'm just new to this.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

It worked thank you so much. Is there a reason this happened?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube