add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC keeps crashing or just shutting off

The_Nekromancer

20 months ago

Built my PC in Jan 2018 and I downloaded windows 10 to a USB and used it on my hard drive and then a few months ago around March I bought a SSD and installed in and downloaded windows 10 to it but for some reason ever since my PC has been crashing. some times i go a few weeks with everything fine and out of nowhere its consistent. (Stop Code: System Service Exception) there is other codes too but cant remember what they say. Can someone please help me figure this out? I dont mind whipping everything and starting over to downloading my games and apps. ALSO if you have a discord. please join and message me. so maybe voice chatting will be more easier to understand things. https://discord.gg/vFBchvh

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

sounds like your windows is broken and needs a repair:

• execute cmd,exe as an administrator (PCPP blocks my message when I try to write cmd,exe with a dot)
  • use dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth to start the windows self-healing process
  • use dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup /resetbase to verify there are no more errors
  • 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I wiped my ssd and hard drive completely and reinstalled windows 10 and its still doing it. could it be my hardware inside the pc is not compatible? my last stop code was DRIVER_IRQL_LESS_OR_EQUAL & MEMORY MANAGEMENT

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

so, you got all the latest updates for Win10 and your vendors MOBO?

if that is the case, try running "memtest64" (google it) to check if your RAM is actually ok

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

I don't mean compatible with "actually ok"

I mean functioning, not broken.

Use memtest64 to find out. Or can't you get into windows, do you get the bluescreen before?

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

No I can boot windows and play games but there’s no telling how long my session will run until it crashes.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I’ll do it when I get home. At work right now. I’ll let you know

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

So, you changed your hardware setup and are now getting BSoDs with a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error.

What SSD did you install?

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I bought a SSD and I added another 8GBs of ram at the same time and installed both on the same day and that’s when my pc started crashing. This is the SSD I installed. http://www.microcenter.com/product/503684/128GB_3D_TLC_NAND_PCIe_Gen_3_x2_NVMe_M2_2280_Internal_Solid_State_Drive. I installed windows 10 on it but even till this day I haven’t bought a license for Windows 10 think that is the problem? I’ve even wiped everything from both hard drives, SSD and my 1TB and redownloaded all my games and some apps and it still started crashing again.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube