add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Low draw distance, poor textures, pop-in etc...

Harsh45
  • 21 months ago

I have 3 gaming PCs I7 4790k, I7 7700k, I7 8700k.

Eight different gpus tested, 970 -1080Ti’s, even an amd gpu.

All games have poor draw distance, poor textures and lighting, low shadows, poor Lod etc...

I have windows 10 on all gaming PCs and I just built a Ryzen 1800x pc and these issues remain on their too.

All drivers are up to date. I am at a complete loss as to what’s happening.

Maxing settings out in games is hilariously bad, console looks better.

Any help would be great.

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I've never heard of this before, but maybe you should check if the games are running on the highest version of DirectX or similar.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I’ll check and see but I’m pretty sure They are.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Are you willing to try a fresh install of Windows on one of the machines, then testing again (with a very bare system)?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I tried a fresh install of windows numerous times on a couple of the machines.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

What resolution are you using please and what kind of monitor?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I am using 3440x1440 atm, I have also tried a 4K monitor and a 1920x1080 monitor. I’m using DP but have also tested HDMI.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I would think that with ultra settings, anything but maybe the 1080 TI would have difficulty with either the 3440 x 1440 or the 4K due to the sheer amount of pixels being drawn at a time.

You should be able to max out everything on the 1920 x 1080 monitor though with anything from the 970 up.

What games have you played that exhibited these issues?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

All games I play show these issues, and I own 970, x2 Titan X, x2 1080ti ftw3, x2 1080ti sc2.

It’s clearly not the power of the gpu. Just like something is strangling the graphics settings in any game I play. I’m blown away at what could cause this.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

It’s kind of hard to explain because I’ve never seen anything like it. The graphics are poor on ultra, things missing like fog and ambient occlusion. Jagged edges around things. I’ve tried what seems to be everything including building a couple new PCs in the past month and same issues still exist. I would like to take one of my rigs somewhere to have somebody else have a look for themselves but not sure where? I would definitely pay to have somebody find a solution, I’ve found others on nvidia forums with similar problems but all threads end in dead ends.

All games just look poor. The poppin is really bad as well, characters just pop out of nowhere as you walk forward in games, as well as objects and grass. Some games it’s like 5 ft in front of me.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube