add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Ryzen 2700x 85C Idle

coolguy562
  • 21 months ago

So I just finished helping my brother build his computer and I've been installing drivers, updating the bios, OS, etc. A silly issue that I just solved was that one of the CPU fans on the h100i gtx wasnt spinning. It wasn't plugged in. So when I boot it back up I'm getting these crazy temps now. and the fans are going haywire. I'm thinking maybe I should revert to an older bios. Just want to get some other thoughts. Also Corsair link might be acting up and causing this because these temps aren't shown in the bios just Corsair link. The motherboard is an Asus prime x470 pro

UPDATE: So I unplugged and plugged back in the CPU fans and the are no longer spooling to max but corsair link still says the CPU package is at ~83C I've seen it go up to 92C and the BIOS still says 35C-40C. The temp of the cooler (which is what link bases the fan curve off of us at 27.4C. The tubes going to the rad also are not warming up which is what happens on my cooler when it gets up to around 60C. I've also installed Speedfan to check the temps through that and nothing came up for the CPU temp. So what I'm wondering now is if the motherboard has a bad temperature sensor.

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

I am guessing your pump is either not plugged in, is plugged in somewhere where it isn't getting enough power, or is just dead in general

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

No the pump is fine. It plugged into the AIO pump header on the mobo and reacts accordingly when I change the profile for it.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

(I'm pretty sure the H100i GTX has preapplied thermal paste?) Did you remove the plastic cover? Did you adequately tighten the heatsink to the cpu?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes this was my old cooler so I used MX-5. The plastic cover literally doesn't let you screw it in if it's on, it covers the mounting bracket and only will go on if the Intel bracket is on the cooler. and yes it is tightened down. I think it's just a problem with corsair link or a temp sensor. Cause the bios seems to be getting the right temps and AiSuite 3 (the software for the mobo) is giving me the right temps. It the CPU truly was in the 80s to mid 90s then the exit tube from the block would be heating up which it isn't. Also the block itself would be heating up and the temp sensor on that would be showing an increasing temp which it isn't, it stays around 30C.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Did you run OCCT?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh ya sorry. Have it running right now all six cores range from 32C - 41C. Granted it's been running for only 5 minutes, I got busy and forgot to install It. I haven't used this program before and set the test mode to medium data sets. Should. I have done large data sets?

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

The temps are slowly increasing but they are not the current 113C being shown by corsair link, so there probably lies the problem.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know about AMD, however I know Intel reports per core temps. I would try running AIDA 64's stability test, then monitor the per core temps in there.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Ya OCCT showed me each core,they were all fine I think corsair link is just screwed up with getting the package temp or something because it is reporting a block temp the would coincide with the temps OCCT, AiSuite, and the BIOSZ were reporting. Not the 113C that link was telling me lol the CPU would be dead.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Download OCCT and run it looking at the temps on that program. I would trust the BIOS temp over Corsair.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Will do. I also ran a burn test that was in furmark. Link report the cpu getting up to 105C. I also installed AiSuite and it's giving me normal temps but when I ran the "fan xpert" thing in it it hardlocked the system to the point where I could only. flip the switch on the psu to turn it off. so I think I'm going to uninstall that.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Well your CPU might be fried sorry if that temp is correct. I am almost certain you did not plug in the pump, or it is dead.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Bro really? Did you read any of the comments? The CPU is fine, the pump is fine, I think corsair link just doesn't like something about the motherboard and is being given a wrong reading.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, I see now. It's the software.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube