• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

tragiktimes101 9 months ago

Everyone likes a good taco, right? There are so many ways to make a taco that I figured it would be a good food topic! What are your favorite things to have on tacos? Do you prefer hard shell tacos or soft shell ones? Chicken, Pork, Beef, or something else? What kind of sides do you like to see on them? And, to top it off, what kind of toppings and sauces?

Personally, I like slow cooker chicken tacos. Pulled apart so that they are soft and tender. Add in a few slices of tomato, some American cheese, a bit of lettuce, a good heaping dollop of sour cream, and some firey hot sauce. Sounds good just typing it, lol.

So, feel free to throw out some recipes! If there are any weird things you do with your tacos definitely speak up!

Comments Sorted by:

injourney 3 points 9 months ago

Why do you always tacobout food?

I like my tacos with chicken or ground beef with onions and American Cheese in a hard shell with a strong corn flavor.

PCPPAccountant 3 points 9 months ago

Had Taco Tuesday last night! I think the best tacos are made with beef, a layer of greens, shredded white American cheese, and topped with cholula hot sauce. Super good, but honestly any way you make a taco is damn good. Pretty hard to mess up a taco lol

Edit: Almost forgot the most crucial part. They must be always be served with a margarita : )

tragiktimes101 submitter 1 Build 1 point 9 months ago

They must be always be served with a margarita

I prefer Mojitos. Fresh mint, of course.

PCPPAccountant 1 point 9 months ago

Ahhhhhh heresy! Lol ugh can't stand those things, tastes like I'm drinking an herb garden lol

Jackison 1 point 9 months ago

Try a blueberry mojito! They're ******* amazing!

Can't do mint man, don't know why lol

Jackison 1 point 9 months ago

You don't have to add the mint! Just try it for me, next time you go to bar and they make mojitos see if they can do a blueberry mojito no mint.

Jeff_M 1 Build 1 point 9 months ago

Sam Axe approves

gorkti200 3 Builds 1 point 9 months ago

topped with cholula hot sauce

That's the good stuff ;)

Damn right lol

MichelWeber 1 point 9 months ago

Prefer Corona with the tacos.

JCMsergox 4 Builds 3 points 9 months ago

God, people flock to these threads like me flocking to a good fish taco.

Pico de gallo, Siracha sauce, lime, avacado, and a lightly fried Rockfish filet all wrapped up in a double Flour tortilla.

Pair it with Fries and Chips/Salsa, and a drink of Oreo Milkshake, and it's literally perfect. That would be my last meal request.

tragiktimes101 submitter 1 Build 3 points 9 months ago

God, people flock to these threads like me flocking to a good fish taco.

The people here really like food, lol. :)

JCMsergox 4 Builds 2 points 9 months ago

The people here really like food, lol. :)

Valid.

nonoesimposible 4 points 9 months ago

By stereotypes:

• Everybody on PCPP is a gamer
  • All gamers are fat
  • All fat people like to eat
  • Therefore, everybody on PCPP likes to eat
[comment deleted by staff]
MannyPCs 3 points 9 months ago

Fish tacos with fried Hake, lime, avacado, Pico de Gallo, and some spicy-ish sauce with it (not too spicy so it doesn't overpower the fish) in flour tortillas.

Or pulled pork or beef with raw onions and lettuce in small corn tortillas.

gorkti200 3 Builds 2 points 9 months ago

I prefer soft shell tacos but sometimes that crunch is appealing. Chicken is probably my fav protein choice, although anything is good really. Guac, tomatoes or salsa, onions, sour cream, shredded cheese, all the classic options plz.

Honestly I am not picky about my tacos.

floridaboz 4 Builds 2 points 9 months ago

Well, you just found the thing i like the most. I am a huge fan of Tacos (my favorite food) but i like them in a certain way. Beware, this might change the way you think of me... But here is my perfect set up for my perfect taco (disclaimer: this is the way i would like it. So it may not be perfect for you, but this is how i like it.

1. Largest Soft taco shell i can find at the store. Brand is not important to me, as long as it does not have a strong "corn" taste"
  2. Browned and ground Beef. Old El Paso or Taco Bell taco seasoning. But others are not a deal breaker.
  3. Sour cream.
  4. Finely cut tomatoes
  5. shredded cheese, Most of the time Mexican cheese or three cheese, however other kinds of cheese will not be a deal breaker
  6. A medium or hot taco sauce.

I do not do beans or lettuce.

But that is like my favorite meal, i get that, and i will overeat like a champ.

Captaincow285 2 points 9 months ago

For whatever reason (maybe I haven't had proper Tacos), but the low-quality beef tacos my school serves (beef, store-bought taco shells, stale lettuce, and cheap mozzarella) are the best I've had.

Doesn't have to be fancy to be good lol

Captaincow285 1 point 9 months ago

It is good! My school serves actually good food (except they suck at salads and the carrots taste like poop).

Nullarc77 3 Builds 2 points 9 months ago

Well since I mived to San Antonio I have had some awesome tacos. But my favorites were shreaded beef on fresh corn tortillas with guac. The next one was more of a burito but they didn't fold it properly so it was basically a giant taco. It had ground beef, refried beans, guac, and lettuce.

My daughter will be moving there in a few months - north a bit. I'll be driving out with her and her family. Will be trying the local taco shops to compare.

Nullarc77 3 Builds 1 point 9 months ago

I recommend Las Palapas or Taco Planque. They both have pretty good tacos and were the places I was referring too. There are several of wach scattered through the city so finding one shouldn't be too difficult.

Interesting. There's a Las Palapas not too far from where I live now that has good mex. food - a sit down place, vs. a counter to order.

lodie187u 1 Build 2 points 9 months ago

Soft shell, carnita's, cilantro, mild sauce, grilled chopped onions.

VapidDarkness 1 point 9 months ago

Everyone likes a good taco, right?

Uh.......

Don't go there.

DopeAF123 1 point 9 months ago

I've ate 13 tacos before all at once. Rolled in double layers of tortilla and taco sauce.

Fish tacos!!!

[comment deleted]