add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

i7600k 70-80C while gaming, is it normal?

Juanbaca2007
  • 21 months ago

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hCjyKZ

Above my system, i just replace the thermal paste with Artic silver 5...just now...

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 21 months ago
  • 1 point

These are the IDLE temperatures. They are all right.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

For an i7-6700K, those load temperatures are not surprising since you're using an AIO with a 120mm radiator. Those generally just don't perform all that well in comparison to those with bigger 240mm/280mm/etc. radiators or air coolers with larger heatsinks. At the cost of increased noise, you may be able to do better by pushing the fan harder.

70-80C under load isn't horrible. If this were for constant use 24/7, lower temperatures would definitely be better, but for gaming, you should be okay. If you'd prefer to have lower temperatures, you could upgrade to a better cooler.

If you stick with the same cooler and want to bring temperatures down a bit, perhaps you could go for a better fan and optimize your case fan configuration, though there's a limit to how much better you can do.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

70-80c isnt horrdible under load, but there are many things you have to add into factor. Ambient room temperature is key. If the room you're gaming in has horrible airflow or warm in general then it will not help. Also i noticed that you didnt list any fans in your list. Not having sufficient airflow in your case plays an important role as well. Invest in some high quality case fans and high quality static pressure fan for your AIO and you should see a difference. 120mm radiator's typically dont do too well and can be surpassed by a high quality air cooler in some cases.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I have 7 corsair fans in my case including the one for the radiator 2 exhaust 5 intake, the room doesnt have too much air circulation and temp can get warm but i dp have a regular home fan in the room aiming at the pc..., im thinking of either getting noctua d15 or dark rock pro 4...

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

You could look into geting a 240mm radiator setup or a nice aircooler like the noctua you stated. You might not see a difference considering your ambient room temperature. Even if you have a fan faced at it, it isn't changing the room temperature which is important to know. Have your tested for positive or negative air flow?

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes i have tested it...

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

What are you playing? 70 - 80'C does seem high for gaming, however looking at your build and the cooler it's not all that surprising.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Unturned, planet side 2 can you suggest a better cooling system? Please...im currently looking at noctua d15 and be quite dark rock pro 4...

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Both are top of the line for air cooling. If you wanted to stick with an AIO minimum 240 rad

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube