PCPartPicker

• Register

Are there any 144hz 1ms 1080p GSYNC monitors that are lower than like 300?

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

jacobha 2 months ago

Title explains it, I cant find any good $200-$250 ish gsync monitors

Comments Sorted by:

lodie187u 1 Build 1 point 2 months ago

This is what i use, it doesnt have g sync but i have no problems running it at all. You could even get the 27" model for 30$ more.

https://www.amazon.com/VG248QE-1920x1080-144Hz-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B00B2HH7G0

jacobha submitter 1 point 2 months ago

Is Gsync worth it for the expensive price?

Velcade 2 Builds 1 point 2 months ago

If you're looking to play in the sub 3 range, don't worry about G-Sync it's too expensive for you.

What is sub 3 range?

Shakaron 4 Builds 1 point 2 months ago

I think he meant below $300. (sub 3 hundred)

Oh, ok

What gpu do you have? I have a 144hz non g sync monitor and have 0 issues. I've tested it with my 1080 and 1060 6gb and have 0 screen tear issues. From a little reading g sync helps if you have trouble achieving 60fps or something.

Chillsabre 2 Builds 1 point 2 months ago

G-Sync actually smoothens the frame rate of the monitor to always be the same as your GPU can push. This reduces the stutters you can get for frame drops during intense gun fights or demanding moment due to the amount of details to draw.

G-Sync is expensive and very often, you can get pretty good frames (resulting in the feature being superfluous) specially if you dont play everything at ultra. A 1080 would definitely be overkill for just about 99.99% of games at 1080p and the 1060 6GB also is a powerful 1080p card. I am not suprised you didnt really get any issues.

Well my main rig is obviously built very well and my anti budget build is also paired well with a i7 7700 16gb ram so its not sleeper.

That does help for sure.

Theres too many unknown variables here to consider. We dont know what the system will be to know what the resulting performance would be.

Im getting a 1060 6gb for 1080p, is that ok?

A 1060 is a fine card for 1080p. The high refresh rate however will vary on the title you play and the settings you will be using. Playing CS:GO or LoL shouldnt be a problem but you wont cap that 144hz refresh rate on something like The Division at ultra for example.

[comment deleted]

G-Sync is good for you when you know you will not get a consistent framerate for the titles you play either due to the demanding settings or your parts being a bit underpowered.

Very often, you can get by with some manual tweaking to your graphical settings to increase the framerates to be more consistent. At 1080p, this is pretty easy to achieve but if you were looking for a more demading 1440p or 4K monitor, then always maxing the framerate isnt always a guarantee making it a better feature to acquire on these types of monitor where reaching the maximum framerate 100% of the time is much more difficult.

yawumpus 1 point 2 months ago

gsync adds at least $100 to the price to reduce the effects of "tearing" in games. I really doubt you will see "tearing" over 100Hz and especially at 1080.

I don't think you'll find any $200 gsync monitors, good or bad (if you do, they'll be pretty bad). They should make a difference around 4k and up in resolution, where your GPU will be struggling at the 60Hz mark and the tearing will be much more obvious.

Stilesp11 1 point 2 months ago

Dell 24" Gsync 1440p TN S2417dg...30$ over ur budget right now at BB. Though beware it has some bad banding...but so does my monitor. As long as you don't plan on using it for everything then it should be fine.

[comment deleted]

Ok, thanks